Syncro SVN Client

Repair move/rename function

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

Repair move/rename function

Postby Lars Blaabjerg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 am

If you have a missing file and an unversioned file in your working copy, there's a chance that it is a versioned file that was renamed using some non-svn aware program.

I suggest a function in the right click menu when exactly one of each type of file is selected named "repair move" that will fix the subversion part of the move/rename process so that file history is preserved.

Other subversion clients I have used implement such a feature and it works very well and I happen to use it quite a bit because I often rename files where the renaming has other implications that are handled by the program I use for the renaming such as updating dependencies, renaming companion files etc..
Lars Blaabjerg

Re: Repair move/rename function

Postby Florin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 am

Hello,

We will have this in sight for a future version of Syncro SVN Client.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
-------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Re: Repair move/rename function

Postby Florin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 am

Hi,

Starting with Syncro SVN Client 9.0, we added support for fixing working copy items copied, moved or renamed without using an SVN client.
Just select the two items you know are related and, if possible/applicable, Syncro SVN Client presents the appropriate action to be used: Mark as copied, Mark as moved, Mark as renamed.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Feature requests