Syncro SVN Client

Help with using SynchroSVN on Mac OS X

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Help with using SynchroSVN on Mac OS X

Postby LiewDesign » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:53 am

I am a new user. So far, I have figured out how to check out and commit files. However, I'm not able to figure out how to rename or delete a file. I also cannot figure out how to "Update" my working copy as well as my view of the repository when I have the Repository window open.

Let's start here :D
LiewDesign

Postby sorin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:56 am

Hello,

You can rename or delete only files and folders from the Working Copy view. Right click (on Windows) / Ctrl + click (on Mac OS X) and go to the submenu Edit of the popup menu. Removing a repository from the Repository view just removes the URL of the repository from the view without removing the repository from the SVN server. For updating the working copy:

- press the Refresh button on the toolbar of the Working Copy view to make sure you have the latest versions of the local files and folders in the view

- press the Synchronize button on the same toolbar to see the differences between the working copy and the repository in the Synchronize view

- press the Update All button on the toolbar of the Synchronize view for updating the whole working copy or right click / Ctrl + click on a file or folder displayed in the Synchronize view and select Update from the popup menu for updating only that file/folder.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby LiewDesign » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi Sorin,

Thank you for your reply! That was very helpful. Another question I have is: After I commit a file to a folder on the repository, how do I refresh the Repository window so I can see the new file in that folder?

Thanks!
LiewDesign
LiewDesign

Postby sorin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Right click on that repository in the Repository view and select the action Refresh from the popup menu.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems