Syncro SVN Client

Tagging From Revision Files (Releases)

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

Tagging From Revision Files (Releases)

Postby swhitlow » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to create the option to tag from a revision.

What happens currently is that when I tag a new release I first synchronize all the changed files. I then update or commit the files depending on what is needed.

I associate a description of "Release 2.0x.x", etc.

I then go into the Tag sub menu to tag it. It does give me an option to tag from a specific revision (which I love because you are able to tag a release from a revision).

However, it ends up giving me the entire directory structure instead of just the "revised" files. I would like the option of either. In the revision dialog box it would be nice to tag this using a revision and then have an option that says "Only include files in the revision".

I would think this would be fairly easy to do since:

A) You are already returning the files that have been changed in the revision list anyway
B) This is really just copying over the revision files to the tag directory where a new tag has been created.

Anyway, I was wondering if this would be possible at all?

This is already such a great program! I can't wait to see how you guy's make it better!
swhitlow

Re: Tagging From Revision Files (Releases)

Postby sorin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Hello,

swhitlow wrote:it ends up giving me the entire directory structure instead of just the "revised" files. I would like the option of either.

A SVN tag is a kind of snapshot of a revision of a folder with all its content. It cannot be restricted to a subset of the files of that folder from the repository.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Feature requests