Syncro SVN Client

Compare between two revisions doesn't show up

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Compare between two revisions doesn't show up

Postby zeroX » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:05 pm

Hello, i'm using the trial license to see if this client is usable in our development team.

Untill now i only had one problem, that is when i wanted to make a comparison between two revisions of a file.

- I asked the history of a file from the working copy view
- I selected two revisions
- I clicked on the compare revisions context menu item

I expected to get a compare window but nothing happens. :(

Console output returns succesful
[10:10:47] - svn diff svn://10.10.0.61/project/trunk/data/mod ... r.ihtml@27 svn://10.10.0.61/project/trunk/data/mod ... r.ihtml@24
[10:10:47] - Operation successful

I'm running this on Ubuntu 7.10
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)

Greetings
zeroX

Postby Radu » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
The comparison between the two files should be shown in the central part of the Syncro SVN Client.
If this is not the case either you have a layout problem (you can go to the "Layout" menu and choose "Reset layout" and then try again to reproduce the problem) or there is a more serious problem.
In this case please write us at

support at syncrosvnclient dot com

so that we can send you a file to enable logging in your application.

By the way, if you start the svn client from the command line, is there any message in the console?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Postby MontMac » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:11 pm

I had a similar same problem when first used SVN Client for OSX. I later realized that the compare view was in fact hidden (squeezed) in the right pane. I had to resize the split view to see the compare view.

One thing too that I did not see until later were the 2 tabs at the bottom of the right pane. The console was hidden behind the history tab and I had not notice it. So when I was updating, I had no feedback on what was happening since the console was behind.

Some application, like Eclipse, will bring to the front the views where the action occurs. Maybe SVN client should take a similar approach.
MontMac

Postby Radu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:39 am

Hi,

I added your suggestion to bring the console to front when it is used as a feature request and it will be discussed.

About the first problem, if you could provide an image with how the compare view was placed this would be useful.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Postby zeroX » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:43 am

I can see the compare window when i open it to compare my changes against the head of the repos.
When i do the compare between revisions the compare window get's cleared but no new content shows up.

I'll send an email ;)
zeroX

Postby zeroX » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 am

btw: No output on command line
zeroX

Postby tavy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:31 pm

Hello,

We reproduced the problem and it will be fixed in the next version that will be released in a couple of days.
The problem occurs when the file extension of the compared resource is not associated with an internal editor. As a workaround you can associate that extension with an appropriate internal editor(XML Editor for instance). This can be accomplished from Options -> Preferences -> SVN File Editors.

Regards,
Octavian
tavy

Postby zeroX » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 am

Thx guys, this does the trick ;)
zeroX

Return to Common Problems