Syncro SVN Client

"Can't find password"

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

"Can't find password"

Postby Morethanheroes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi there,

Our company has been working with SVN for a few years now and have just recently started implementing the use of it on our mac workstations. In turn, we've just begiun using your client.

The problem we're having is committing/updating working copies.

I have no problem checking out a repository but as soon as I attempt to commit with a working copy I get a "can't fing password" error. I've tried re-authenticating, clearing authentication -> restarting app -> authenticating... and all to no avail.

We've checked and double checked all login info and receive no connection errors when logging in - but as soon as we attempt to commit we receive, once again, the "can't find password" error. :shock:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a million,
-Al Adsit
Morethanheroes

Re: "Can't find password"

Postby sorin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Hello,

What SVN protocol do you use for accessing the repository (svn://, http://, svn+ssh://)? Where is the error displayed: in an error dialog or in the Console view of the Syncro SVN Client? What is the full error message? What is the name and version of the SVN server that hosts the SVN repository?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Morethanheroes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:16 pm

"can't find password" is the full error.

We're using the svn:// protocol to access the repository, and as you can see the error is displayed within a pop up error dialog through the syncro client.

I'll have to double check on the name and version of the server we're hosting with.
Morethanheroes

Postby sorin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:00 am

Morethanheroes wrote:I'll have to double check on the name and version of the server we're hosting with.

Also contact us to tell you how to generate logging in the Syncro SVN Client to find more details about the error.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Morethanheroes » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Alright, sorry for the wait...

The svn server name and version is:

svnserve, version 1.4.0 (r21228) compiled 10/18/2008, 23:09:41

Thanks again,

-Al
Morethanheroes

Postby sorin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:37 am

Hello,

We need more details about the error. Please contact us to tell you in an email how to enable logging in Syncro SVN Client.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Morethanheroes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Hey Sorin,

I have contacted you and still have yet to receive a reply.

Could you please touch base with me on the situation?

Thanks,
-Al
Morethanheroes

Postby sorin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Hello,

Did you send a request on the page that I pointed? I am sorry, probably we missed it.

However I looked more carefully at the screenshot that you posted in a previous message above and the error dialog with the message "Subversion Error - Can't get password" does not seem to be displayed by Syncro SVN Client. An obvious problem with this dialog is that the icon of the dialog is not the Syncro SVN Client icon. Are you running also other SVN client application when you get the error? Please can you close any other SVN client applications and see if you get the error again in Syncro SVN Client?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems