Syncro SVN Client

Get Delta between two Revisisons

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Get Delta between two Revisisons

Postby Nanuit » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:56 am

How can i get only the files from a repository that have changed between to revisions?
Nanuit

Postby sorin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Hello,

I think you have to check out both revisions from the repository as two different working copies and after that use a compare directories application for finding the differences between the two file trees of these two working copies.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Nanuit » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 am

With Tortoise I can get only the changed files between 2 revisions.
Comparing 2 complete Revisions is a lot of work a good Versioncontrolprogramm should handle for me.
Nanuit

Postby sorin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:48 pm

We will consider adding the possibility of listing only the changed files between two revision numbers of the repository.

Thank you for your request,
Sorin
sorin

Postby sorin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:39 pm

The next version of Syncro SVN Client will include this feature. Two revisions of a folder will be comparable with the action Compare revisions available in the History view which will display a new view with the tree structure of the folder on the left side of the view and the list of changes committed to the selected item of the tree on the right side of the view.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Re: Get Delta between two Revisisons

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi,

why isn't it possible to compare revisions in different parts of the path tree? I can compare two revisions in the same path, but I cannot compare for example a tag with the trunk.
Would it be possible to add this feature? This way one can quickly check what files are different between two branches.

Regards
Peter
Peter

Re: Get Delta between two Revisisons

Postby sorin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider adding an action for comparing two revisions of a folder from two different paths in the repository, for example the trunk and a branch.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Other Issues