Syncro SVN Client

Refresh/Synchronise Buttons disabled..

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Refresh/Synchronise Buttons disabled..

Postby yellowswordfish » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:05 am

I am very new to svn and still learning. Even newer to Synchro SVN Client (Mac OSX).
I am curious - after upgrading to 3.2, the 'Refresh' and 'Synchronise' icons (and 'Cleanup') in my Working Copy panel are constantly disabled. Prior to the upgrade they were not. Nuisance is all as now I need to open a menu. Can anyone tell me why please?
And I'll go away and try and work out the difference between 'refresh' and 'synchronise'!
yellowswordfish

Re: Refresh/Synchronise Buttons disabled..

Postby sorin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 am

Hello,

The Refresh and Synchronize buttons are disabled only when there is an action in progress on the working copy. If there is a working copy loaded in the Working Copy view and there is no action in progress then the three buttons should be enabled.

Do the following test: remove all your working copies from the combo box displayed on the toolbar of the Working Copy view by running the action Add/Remove Working Copy (the icon Image) available on the toolbar of the Working Copy view. Now add a working copy to the view using the same action. Is a refresh executed automatically on the working copy that you added to the view. Are the three buttons enabled now?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby yellowswordfish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for coming back on this.

Did as you suggested. When I added the 'Working Copy' folder back there was no mention of a 'refresh' taking place. Just an 'Operation Successful' message in the console.

And no - the icons to the left of the drop down (Refresh, Synchronise and Cleanup) remain disabled at all times - whether other actions are taking place or not.
yellowswordfish

Postby sorin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:53 am

When you add a working copy to the combo box of the Working Copy view the refresh is displayed as a progress bar in the lower left corner of the window. If the total size of the working copy is small then the refresh time is very short and you do not have a chance to see the progress bar. Try with a larger working copy to see the progress bar with the label "Refreshing ...".

Please start Syncro SVN Client from a command line with a command

Code: Select all
sh oxygenMac.sh

and repeat the actions (remove all working copies, add a working copy to the Working Copy view, see if there is a refresh executed automatically when you add the working copy and if the buttons are enabled). Is there an error displayed in the window where you executed the command? Please post here the full output of the command sh oxygenMac.sh.

Please make sure that you select a file or a folder in the Working Copy view by clicking on it. If there is no selection in the file tree then the buttons are disabled on the toolbar of the Working Copy view.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby yellowswordfish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:02 am

Actually it is as simple as your last sentence. Something needs to be selected. Now I feel stupid!
I don't recall having to do that in the previous version I had. I was sure I could just load up the app and click on the refresh. Having to select something - whether it has always been this way or not - is no big deal. So yes - feeling stupid. And thanks for the help.

While here - can you give me a brief one sentence explanation of the difference between 'refresh' and 'synchronise'? Actually - 'cleanup' s well....

Thanks again - much appreciated.
yellowswordfish

Postby sorin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:34 am

We will select automatically the root node of the Working Copy tree in a future version.

A refresh updates the content of the Working Copy view by reading all the files and folders again from the local working copy stored on the disk of your computer. A synchronization updates the content of the Synchronize view by comparing the current content of the local working copy with the current content of the SVN repository stored on the SVN server. You can read about the difference between the two actions in the User Manual available also in the application from menu Help -> Help.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby yellowswordfish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 pm

sorin wrote:We will select automatically the root node of the Working Copy tree in a future version.

That will be good! And thanks for the explanation. I think your quick overview there was better than the help file! I'm still learning my way around this!
yellowswordfish

Return to Other Issues