Syncro SVN Client

Commit Fails in all branches

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Commit Fails in all branches

Postby keick » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:15 pm

We are just now starting to experiment with svn and your client. First I had to use tortoisesvn to do the initial checkout because your client sadly doesn't seem to handle such a basic task without error. But once that was done, I get errors every time I try to commit. I think there is a bug in your path logic.

our repository is located here "file:///\Nobel/VirPack4" and contains two folders "testing" and "testing2". The repository is checked out to my local machine at "c:\development". I get the following when trying to commit from any directory.

[10:28:01] - svn commit 1 item(s)
[10:28:01] - Sending Text Document.txt
[10:28:01] - Transmitting file data.
[10:28:01] - Refreshing files state...
[10:28:01] - Refresh done
[10:28:02] - Operation failed: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Invalid path '4/testing2/Text Document.txt'

[10:33:16] - svn info --revision HEAD file:///\Nobel/VirPack4
[10:33:16] - Operation successful

Yep, that looks like an invalid path to me... what happened to the "file:///\Nobel/VirPack" before the "4"?
keick

Postby tavy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:12 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

There is a problem in svnkit library used by Syncro SVN Client working with repository locations that use the file protocol and have the following form 'file:///\pathToRepos'.

As a workaround you can map in Windows Explorer the remote repository (right click on 'My Computer' icon and use 'Map Network Drive'). After that with Syncro SVN Client (or any other client) add a new repository location using the following form 'file:///Z:/pathToRepos'. Checkout a working copy form the added repository and try again the commit operation.

We will try to fix this problem in the next release.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Octavian
tavy

Return to Common Problems