Syncro SVN Client

Client to old to work with woring copy error

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Client to old to work with woring copy error

Postby piterwilson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm

Hello, ive downloaded and installed Synchro. It work well except for this pop up error i keep getting wich is getting quite annoying it appears all the time when im browsing finder

'This client to old to work with woring copy .... The tool /usr/local/bin/change-svn-wc-fotmat.py maybe be used....'

I have the new mac os X so that path does not exist. A Spotlight search for the file returns nothing.

What causes this error and how to solve it?
piterwilson

Re: Client to old to work with woring copy error

Postby sorin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Hello,

Did you get this error when running Syncro SVN Client version 4.0? What is the build number displayed in the About dialog opened from menu Help -> About? What SVN client (the name and the version) created the working copy for which you get the error?

That error is reported usually when the working copy has a format on disk newer than the formats supported by the SVN client that tries to load that working copy. The error is strange for Syncro SVN Client version 4.0 because it supports the formats SVN 1.3, SVN 1.4 and SVN 1.5. SVN 1.5 is the latest SVN format available.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby piterwilson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes its pretty strange. My number of version is 4.0 and the svn is 1.4

I think the first time i check out the program asked me if i wanted to upgrade the svn version to 1.5 to which i said no, maybe that has something to with it.

Also, I'm learning to use SVN so i might have moved some files around wihout doing the proper steps.

Is there any way to fix this? the error message talks about some command i can run but i dont have such a command on my usr/bin ( usr/local/bin is for mac os 10.4 i believe)

What would the 10.5 equivalent be? the client work so well except for this thing, i would really like to use it getting rid of this annoying pop up messages

Thanks again
piterwilson

Postby sorin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Do you mean the working copy was created with a SVN 1.4 client? Is that the command line SVN client? What is the exact version number reported by the following command?
Code: Select all
svn --version

We cannot reproduce the problem and we try to understand why you get that error. If you choose to keep the old format of the working copy, that is the SVN 1.4 format that is OK. The Syncro SVN Client should not change the working copy. It should just load it in the Working Copy view. Please contact us in order to tell you how to enable logging in Syncro SVN Client to get more details about the problem.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby sorin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am

Thank you for contacting us. Just to let other users know: it seems the error was caused by a conflict with the SCPlugin application. Removing SCPlugin solved it.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby yellowswordfish » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:01 am

Sorry but I am not following this. I recently upgraded to V4. Prior to this I had a 'Syncro' menu in BBEdit (Mac) that worked. Since the upgrade to V4 if I try to use the menu items I get the message "svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'path/file'; please get a newer Subversion client.."
I thought Syncro WAS the Subversion client and that is up tp date.
is there any way I can get this menu back up and working please?
yellowswordfish

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 pm

For yellowswordfish:

The message you get is reported by BBEdit. BBEdit has integrated a SVN client that is different from the Syncro SVN Client application.

I think you upgraded the local working copy using the Syncro SVN Client to the SVN 1.5 version, making it incompatible with BBEdit (which probably knows to handle only older working copies, like SVN 1.4).

Regards,
Dan
Dan

Postby yellowswordfish » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks for that Dan. Oddly - I have just invested in the latest (V9) version of BBEdit as well so would have expected that to also be up to date. I shall talk to Bare Bones...
Thanks again
yellowswordfish

Return to Other Issues