Syncro SVN Client

Find file or folder in working Copy

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

Find file or folder in working Copy

Postby Rªzª » Tue May 26, 2009 9:33 pm

On panels that show files or folders (like the history panel, or the synchronize results panel) it would be nice to have a "find in working copy" context menu item that would open the working copy tree to the file or folder... No biggie, it's just a handy shortcut that I used to use quite a bit in perforce...
Rªzª

Re: Find file or folder in working Copy

Postby sorin » Wed May 27, 2009 9:51 am

Hello,

I added an enhancement request in our internal system for an action that selects the current item in the Working Copy view.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby fstelluto_pro-vision » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:07 pm

I registered just to ask for this feature too. The comment is from 2009 - that's quite depressing. Has there been any action on this? Looking for files is basic functionality in a version control system.

> I added an enhancement request in our internal system for an action that selects the current item in the Working Copy view.
What does that mean? What is the 'current item'? Current where? Has it been implemented yet? How do I use it?

I started using SyncroSVN because someone where I work swear it's better then Cornerstone, but when it's missing something so basic I can't agree with him. Please tell me I'm wrong.
fstelluto_pro-vision

Postby Florin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

Hi,

For the synchronize results panel, the issue should be fixed for long time - switching between All Files, Modified, Incoming, Outgoing, Conflicts having an item selected, should select the same item in the new view mode (if it is not filtered somehow).

Locating items from other views in the Working Copy view is not possible in Syncro SVN Client (for now). For example, locating items from the History view is not easy all the time:
  • if the history is displayed for a working copy item (file path based), this means that you already found the item, since you requested History for it, right?
  • if the history is displayed for a repository item (URL based), or you want to find in the working copy an item from the "affected paths" area of the History view, then this means that we should do a search for all items from the working copy that match the URL. For this, we have to query the working copy, and this will take some time (it is not enough to make the assumption that if an item has the same name, it is the item we search for). Also, there are:
    • the switched and external items that must be handled properly;
      Because of this, it is possible to have the same item multiple times in your working copy.
    • possible copies, moves, renames or replaces that took place between the time of the item selected in the History view (a specific revision) and what is now in the working copy.
    Here comes the tricky part - in Subversion, you can have different items with same URL (they differ in time and are not related). How can we make sure that an item having the same URL in the working copy is the one (or is related with the one) you see in the History view?

The same issues apply for any other item presented in other views (like Repositories, Directory Change Set, Revision Graph - all of them present URL-based items).

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby fstelluto_pro-vision » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:22 pm

OK, I see what you mean and I will continue the discussion in the other ticket I have opened (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2413&e=0), no point having two parallel ones. Thanks for your reply.
fstelluto_pro-vision

Postby Florin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi,

Anyway, this is not something we don't think to do, but now we concentrate more on the standard Subversion commands, to correct Syncro SVN Client's existing features and to support all SVN options up to SVN 1.8.

After, we will look to the features adding extra functionality.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Feature requests