Syncro SVN Client

Find file in repository

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

Find file in repository

Postby fstelluto_pro-vision » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm

SyncroSVN seems to be missing some basic functionality: the ability to find a file in the repository.
Surely there is someway to drill down to file x without having to click on every folder in the Working Copy / History View? It seems so basic you can't possibly have missed it out. I found an old ticket from 2009 with no indication on whether you have acted on this. Surely you have and it's just me not being able to find it, right?
fstelluto_pro-vision

Re: Find file in repository

Postby Florin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 am

Hi,

Syncro SVN Client does not allow you to search for files in the repository.
But, we have some use-cases in our sight, for future versions:
  • locate a file in the current repository structure (what you see in the Repositories view). There are two possibilities: wither search within the already fetched items (through the directories that the user already expanded), or fetch all items recursively (starting from a selected directory) and search after.
  • query the repository - something similar with the History, but containing more advanced filtering features.

How would you see this feature? Do you have other ideas?

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby fstelluto_pro-vision » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Well I would expect it to be in Working Copy, a search box like the one in History, next to the "Modified" ... "Conflicts" buttons, and work just the same. But instead of filtering files by svn status it would pick them by matching their name against what I have typed in the search box. Similar to what happens already with the search box in History, but instead of matching revision numbers (or parts thereof) it would match filenames.
fstelluto_pro-vision

Postby Florin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi,

OK, I understand - just a simple visual filtering. But even so, we must have in sight that:
  • for the Repositories view, what you see in the view could be just a part of the items in the repository, depending on what you expanded. That's why we think to add extra "fetch all" option, to have a complete list of the repository items (at least for a selected sub-tree);
  • for the Working Copy view, this filtering implies considerable effort to make all the models aware of it (all, incoming, outgoing...) and to make all working copy actions behave correctly.

Your messages were registered on our issue tracking system and we'll notify the users about these features, when they will be available.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Feature requests