Syncro SVN Client

Allow XMI conflicts to be resolved

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

Allow XMI conflicts to be resolved

Postby skraut » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:23 pm

xmi files are just xml files that store a specific type of metadata. Yet when I try and use SyncroSVN client to resolve conflicts when doing the a merge, it tells me that the xmi file is not a text file, and refuses to open the conflict editor.

Yet I can manually open the files in the text editor in Syncro, copy out the changes from each, and do it by hand.
skraut

Re: Allow XMI conflicts to be resolved

Postby adrian » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Hello,

Actually it's not the file extension that is the problem but the content of the file itself. I'm guessing the file has a UTF-16 encoding or something similar.

When you commit a file to the repository, the SVN Client determines if he file is ascii or binary and sets the 'svn:mime-type' SVN property accordingly.

In your specific case, the file is most probably determined to be binary and the property is set to 'application/octet-stream'(binary), which is correct if the file has an UTF-16 encoding. Even if the file has no explicit 'svn:mime-type' property we try to determine its type from the file contents.

All files determined to be binary are compared using the binary diff which isn't very useful because it only reports the offset of the first difference. We will address this issue in a future version and allow binary files to be compared in the same way as text files.

Regards,
Adrian Buza
Syncro SVN Client support
Adrian Buza
Syncro SVN Client
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com
adrian

Re: Allow XMI conflicts to be resolved

Postby tavy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Hello,

We have modified the way in which a compare is done regarding a file type. Now, we compare all files as text, except the ones that represent images, which will be presented accordingly.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Return to Feature requests