I'm a cross platform developing (MacOSX and Windows), I've switched from CVS to subversion a few weeks ago and running into problems. My CVS client changes the file enconding while check out. So I had the correct file encoding on each platform.
Syncro SVN is the best choise because it's running on Windows and MacOSX.
But I have a problem with Resource script files used by the resource compiler.
If I created my resource script on Mac the resource compiler needs MacRoman file encoding (it contains language depended strings).
This file checked out on Windows has the wrong encoding for Windows, so all German umlauts and other non-ascii characters are incorrect. The same problem if the file is created on Windows in ISO-Latin1 encoding.
I've found that Syncro SVN allows to set an encoding for Non-XML files, but there is no way to configure which files should be processed.
Are these encoding settings allows me to change the encoding of specified files and does this affect the file content itself or is this option for the internal editor only.
Is there another way to change the encoding of files while checking out.