Syncro SVN Client

svnmerge support

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

svnmerge support

Postby max » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 am

I just bought a license since I love having the "eclipse like" svn client support on a complete checkout instead of just each project - excellent stuff.

the thing that could be really interesting would be to support svnmerge (http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py) to do proper merging.
max

Postby sorin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:48 pm

Hello,

The SVN merge operation can be executed in Syncro SVN Client from the right click menu of the Working Copy view, the submenu Modify. It allows for example to merge the modifications made on a SVN branch with the trunk from which the branch was created.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby max » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Yes, I know that ;)

What I am talking about is to provide support for what svnmerge.py does.

Namely to record and keep track on what changes have already been merged within svn - plain svn does not do that (opposed to e.g. cvs)

svnmerge.py does it with a set of svn:properties so you can query for which merges will be needed.
max

Postby sorin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, there are cases when excluding some changes from a merge operation is really useful but this is not implemented in Syncro SVN Client yet. I logged your request to our internal system.

Thank you,
Sorin
sorin

Re: svnmerge support

Postby sorin » Wed May 06, 2009 10:23 am

Hello,

You can try the new merge support of version 4.1 that saves the revision number of a merge action so that the next merge action with the same branch continues from the next revision after the last revision number of the previous merge.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Feature requests