Syncro SVN Client

Slow to refresh

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Slow to refresh

Postby nmulder » Mon May 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Greetings,

I have installed Syncro SVN Client on my computer at the office and my home computer. I have noticed that my home computer is very slow to do things that were almost instant on the office computer. (like refreshing / updating / committing ) We are talking well over a minute slow were it is seconds at the office.

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.8 on both computers, and using the the same code from my svn server. Same version of java.

I find it strange that my computer computer is slower only because it is much faster then my office computer. Using svnX (which is what i have been using until i discovered syncro svn client) my home computer is much faster then the office one when updating/committing/refreshing the local working copy.

Any ideas why it would be so slow on one and not the other??

Thanks

Nick
nmulder

Postby sorin » Tue May 22, 2007 8:44 am

Hello,

First you should make sure that the access to the SVN server is not slower from the home computer. Do you have also a fast connection to the server from the home computer?

Also you should make sure that the local path to the working copy is not something like /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Volumes/ ... /YourWorkingCopy. This can make the access to the working copy very slow. You can see the path to the working copy in the location combo box of the Open dialog where you add the path to the working copy to Syncro SVN Client in the Working Copies List dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby nmulder » Tue May 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Thank you for the reply.

My internet is quicker at home, and like I said in my first post. Using svnx (or just svn in terminal) it is quicker at home then the office.

The paths are the same on both:

/Users/nick/Projects/MyProject

any other thoughts?

Nick
nmulder

Postby sorin » Tue May 22, 2007 3:29 pm

We should look in a log file generated by the SVN client when the commit, synchronize, etc. operations are slow. Please contact us to give you instructions about enabling logging in Syncro SVN Client.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems