Syncro SVN Client

Ignoring files

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Ignoring files

Postby Rªzª » Tue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Is it possibly for syncro svn to ignore "new" files? Our project is set up that when "made" many files get generated (which a make clean would normally remove, but they are needed at compile time). This causes syncro to see a whole bunch of files that are new and unversioned. Is there a way to toggle/ignore new files so the interface just shows changes only?

BTW I'm not talking about just object files that I can blanket ignore with a *.extension. I'm talking about auto generated foo.cpp files etc...
Rªzª

Re: Ignoring files

Postby sorin » Tue May 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Hello,

You have to specify the file patterns for the "new" files in the option called Application global ignores that is available from menu Options -> Preferences -> SVN, for example:
Code: Select all
*.exe, *.bin, ~*.bak
You can switch them on and off in the Working Copy view with the button Show ignored files from the toolbar of the Working Copy view.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Re: Ignoring files

Postby Rªzª » Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks. I ended up just adding ignores to every generated file. Many of the files were .cpp files so I couldn't ignore them all. The saving grace was that it was easy to find all the files I wanted to ignore by using the "synchronize result" screen to see all the new files. I just selected them all and did an "add to svn:ignore" I just checked in the new properties for all the folders...
Rªzª

Return to Other Issues