Syncro SVN Client

Syncro SVN Client 5.0

Find out the Syncro SVN related news.

Syncro SVN Client 5.0

Postby tavy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 am

We are happy to announce the release of Syncro SVN Client version 5.0.

Version 5.0 of Syncro SVN Client adds the Diff Files and Diff Directories tools, updates the main menu and toolbar actions for the Working Copy, Synchronize and Repository views, and comes with a new application toolbar for easy access to the most common SVN operations.

New in version 5.0:

* Diff Files tool
This tool allows finding the differences between two local files using six different diff algorithms and applying some options like ignore whitespaces, merge adjacent differences, etc.

* Diff Directories tool
This tool allows finding the differences between two sets of files that have the same names but are located in different folders. Two files with the same name can be compared with the binary content method or the last modification timestamp method.

* User interface update
The menus and toolbars were changed. Some actions where added or removed in the menu bar and in the Working Copy, Synchronize, Repository, History views so that the most used actions can be accessed faster. A new toolbar was added.

* Specify working copy format at checkout
Sometimes a working copy is used with more than one SVN application that may not support the latest working copy format. For compatibility with such applications the working copy format can be specified at checkout: SVN 1.4, SVN 1.5 or SVN 1.6.

* Upgrade and downgrade working copy format
If the user does not want to upgrade the working copy format to the latest format he can do that later with the Upgrade action. A Downgrade action is available for users who need compatibility with applications that do not support the latest working copy format.

Best regards,
Octavian Nadolu
--
syncRO soft ltd
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com
tavy

Re: Syncro SVN Client 5.0

Postby Uwe Raabe » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm missing the "Add to svn-ignore" menu item in the context menu :(
This is one of the most used functionality of Syncro SVN Client in my case...
Uwe Raabe

Postby tavy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We removed the action from the Synchronized view contextual menu but you can use the "Add to svn:ignore" action from the Working Copy view contextual menu or by invoking "Ctrl / Meta + Shift + I" shortcut.
Please let us know if you think that is necessary to have the action also in the Synchronized view contextual menu.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby graphex » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 am

I would like to second the request for the "Add to SVN:ignore." I use that context menu item all the time.

I don't know if there is any thing new in 5 to help this, but doing the "ignore dance" is always a pain. How many times have you accidentally added a file that you really want to ignore? You have to move the file somewhere (so you don't really delete it) then "svn delete" the file, then commit, then update, then put the file back then ignore then commit its parent folder. Huge pain. Tortise helps the process somewhat by allowing you to "svn delete" a file without deleting the actual file on your hard drive. Any chance we could get that functionality, or even better, an automation of the steps required to ignore an already-added file?
graphex

Postby tavy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:02 am

Hello,

We will add the "Add to svn:ignore" action also in the Synchronized view contextual menu, as you requested. We will contact you when this will be available.
For the second request, I added an issue on our internal issue tracker and we will consider implementing it in a future version.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other suggestions.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby tavy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:14 am

Hello,

We added the "Add to svn:ignore" action also in the Synchronize contextual menu. Please download and install the current build (2009081212).

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby Florin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

Starting with Syncro SVN Client 8.1, we added support for removing working copy items from version control (same as svn delete --keep-local). Just use Remove from version control from the Working Copy view and commit the change.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Announcements