Syncro SVN Client

conflicts on new checkout

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

conflicts on new checkout

Postby kyle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm

I just upgraded to version 5.0 for Linux. Now, when I check out my repository, some of my files are being checked out in a conflicted state. Help?

If it makes a difference all the files this is happening to, are one-line files.
kyle

Re: conflicts on new checkout

Postby Florin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and reporting the problem.
We tried to reproduce the behaviour you described, but with no result. We'll investigate more to see what seems to cause this problem and will give you a response after that.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need additional information.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
---------------
Syncro SVN Client
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com
Florin

Postby Florin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am

Hello Kyle,

After some research, we managed to reproduce the behaviour you described. It seems that it only can happen on Linux and Mac OS X platforms. The differences that we saw on the conflicting files was that they had a svn:special property set in the current value and in the base value of those files. The problem seems to be related to the symbolic link support. We think that your conflicting files where symbolic links in the repository and after you upgraded to SVN Client 5.0, the option to enable symbolic link support is disabled by default and thus you have conflicts after checkout because those files are threated as simple files and are unversioned in the working copy, which is in conflict with the repository files that are known to be versioned symbolic links with the "svn:special" property set.

We suggest you to enable the symbolic link support from Options -> Preferences menu option and on the SVN page check the "Enable symbolic link support". Please let us know if the problem persists.

Also, you can search in the Syncro SVN Client user manual for "symbolic link" and see that you will find some information about this case. I've reproduced for you some text from the user manual related to this situation:

"Enable symbolic link support (available only on Mac OS X and Linux) - Subversion has the ability to put a symbolic link under version control, via the usual SVN add command. The Subversion repository has no internal concept of a symbolic link, it stores a "versioned symbolic link" as an ordinary file with a 'svn:special' property attached. The SVN client (on Unix) sees the property and translates the file into a symbolic link in the working copy."

Best regards,
Florin Avram
---------------
Syncro SVN Client
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com
Florin

Postby kyle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:12 pm

All this time, and I never noticed that those were symlinks :oops:

Thanks for the help.
kyle

Return to Common Problems