Syncro SVN Client

Syncro Clinets writes superfluous files

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Syncro Clinets writes superfluous files

Postby sbrar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 am

I've been using Syncro SVN Client with relatively few issues for three months. One thing that keeps popping up is that Syncro seems to write new files whenever a working copy is in some kind of conflict with the server. The new files have extensions like: "filename.r899", "filename.r951", ect.

I'm assuming the .r## refer to revision number, but why write a new file? Only seems to happen with actionscript (.as) and shockwave (.swf) files.

When it happens with actionscript files, syncro adds erroneous lines to the source code, like

">>>>>>>>>>>>> .r555"

I'm encountering this problem approximately once every two weeks. The work around involves 1. deleting the superfluous files. 2. removing the erroneous lines.

Can someone explain why this is happening and how to prevent/stop it?

Thanks.

-S
sbrar

Re: Syncro Clinets writes superfluous files

Postby sorin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 am

Hello,

sbrar wrote:The new files have extensions like: "filename.r899", "filename.r951", ect.

I'm assuming the .r## refer to revision number, but why write a new file?

When the working copy version of a file is in conflict with the repository version but you did not run the action Update yet on that file you should resolve the conflict first by editing the working copy version and after that run the action Mark as Merged on that file in the working copy. If you run the action Update without resolving the conflict then a SVN conflict is created in the SVN working copy, that is two files with the two revision numbers in the extension will be created: revision 899 (the revision number of the working copy) and revision 951 (the revision number of the repository). In this case you have to resolve the conflict using the action Edit Conflict that is available on the contextual menu of both the Working Copy view and the Repository view.

sbrar wrote:When it happens with actionscript files, syncro adds erroneous lines to the source code, like

">>>>>>>>>>>>> .r555"

This is the marker of a conflict area in a working copy file that was updated without resolving the conflict. These markers are removed either automatically by using the action Edit Conflict on that file or manually by editing the file in the editor of Syncro SVN Client and after that running the action Mark as Merged.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Re: Syncro Clinets writes superfluous files

Postby sbrar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Fantastic. Thanks!
sbrar

Return to Other Issues