Syncro SVN Client

External diff problem

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

External diff problem

Postby rbng256 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 am

Hello,

I'm trying to use Smart Synchronize as my external diff tool, but when I click compare on a file, nothing happens, until I close Synchro, then the SmartSync comes up, but only show me the left side, because probably file 2 is a temp file.

The external diff command line is:

C:\Program Files\SmartSynchronize\bin\smartsynchronize.exe ${firstFile} ${secondFile} ${ancestorFile}

How do I go about resolving this?

Thanks,

Ronnie
rbng256

Re: External diff problem

Postby tavy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
Syncro SVN Client puts the ${firstFile} ${secondFile} ${ancestorFile} after the path of the selected diff tool only as an example of how you should build the command line used by Syncro SVN Client to open that tool and to tell it what files to compare, but those arguments are not real. You should read the user manual/documentation of the tool you wish to use to see the exact command line options that it supports for passing to it the files to be compared.

From what I saw, in the user manual of the Smart Synchronize Pro tool there are no command line options to be used to pass to it files to be compared. So, it seems that you can not use this software with this scope.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
tavy

Return to Common Problems