Syncro SVN Client

Can't log in!

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Can't log in!

Postby joseph » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 pm

Hello, I am using Syncro SVN on Mac OS 10.4.9 . My group has a repository located at svn.freepository.com. I am able to add the repository no problem, but I am unable to open it!

No matter what I try to do, I keep getting an error message of "405 Method Not Allowed" whenever I try to open the repository or check it out.

I am sure it has to do with the Authentication. In spite of the instructions on page 16 of the Syncro SVN manual, I was NEVER asked to authenticate! And I cannot figure out how to enter my authentication info manually. Please help!
joseph

Postby sorin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:57 am

Hello,

The first time that you should be asked to enter authentication details for the SVN repository is when you expand it in the tree of the Repository view just after you added it to this view. If you do not expand the repository in the view you will be asked to enter the authentication details when you try to check out the repository.

Can you post the URL of a SVN repository which I can test and reproduce the problem? I registered on freepository.com but I have to wait until my test repository is created and available for SVN clients.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby sorin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Now my SVN repository was created at freepository.com and I can use it without problems from Syncro SVN Client. Did you wait until the repository was created on the server? Before the SVN repository is created on the server you get the error message "405 Method Not Allowed". You can check that it is created by trying to browse it using the Web interface of your freepository.com account. After that you should also be able to use the repository from Syncro SVN Client. When I opened it in the Repository view it asked me the authentication details and I could import and check out a folder without problems.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Thank you

Postby joseph » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Sorin, thanks very much. The error was mine apparently. There was a typo in the URL that I had for the repository. Once I input the URL correctly, the authentication dialog came up right away as soon as I went to expand the repository icon.

Thanks again!
Joseph
joseph

Return to Common Problems