Syncro SVN Client

How to create a branch from a tag

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

How to create a branch from a tag

Postby YoungSoul » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Hello Everyone

I have a question regarding how to create a branch with Syncro. In the past I have always used the svn copy command like:

svn copy <mysvnurl>/project/trunk <mysvnurl>/project/branches/my-new-branch -m "why"

and I was looking for the UI equivalent in Syncro. The dialog box does not seem to give me the sense that this is how it works.

What I am really looking to do is create a branch from a tag and I did not want to create a working copy of the tag first.

Can someone help me to understand the best way to create a branch from a tag in Syncro?

Thank you in advance.
YoungSoul

Re: How to create a branch from a tag

Postby Florin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Hello,

In Syncro SVN Client 5.0 you can create a branch from a tag by selecting the root folder of the tag and choosing Edit->Copy from the contextual menu. This will allow you to copy the selected tag into a new place into the same repository: just select the destination folder from the presented tree.

Be aware that the copy is made by creating inside the destination folder the folder that is the root of the tag and not only its contents. To create a branch containing exactly the resources inside the tag without the tag's root directory, only choose the parent folder from the tree and then check the 'Change name' option and specify a different name under which the tag to be copied.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
---------------
Syncro SVN Client
Florin

Return to Common Problems