Syncro SVN Client

UTF8 - java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

UTF8 - java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException

Postby BitManagers » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi there,

I get this message when I double click on a file on the Repository window or when I click on Compare With on the Working copy window:

UTF8 - java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException [Input length = 1]

And I cannot see the file contents (I do now want to replace the "invalid" characters because the characters are valid!)

If I check out the files and double click on a file on the Working copy window, I can edit the file perfectly.

Why???

Thanks.
BitManagers

Postby sorin » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Hello,

Please send us in a zip archive the HEAD revision of the file from the Repository window for which you get the error message. Specify the protocol used to connect to the repository (HTTP, SVN, SVN+SSH, etc).

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby BitManagers » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:04 pm

I cannot send confidential source files to you... :)

I will explain again my problem:

Apparently, I cannot compare properly files if these files use characters encoded using ISO-8859-1. I get the exception I wrote on my previous post. The only way to avoid the exception is to select IGNORE in the option "Encoding errors handling".

Can you help me? I like to your product but this is a very big problem for me.
BitManagers

Postby sorin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:31 am

Hello,

I can open a file with ISO-8859-1 encoding from the Repository view and also I can compare two revisions of this file without errors. Can you post a small fragment of the file for which you get the error? It is better to send a zip archive with a small sample file that generates the error. Can you find the character that causes the error?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems