Syncro SVN Client

Merge conflicts help required

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Merge conflicts help required

Postby Flashjunky » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi,

This may be me being a tad simple .. how on EARTH do I resolve conflicts???

The only options that are presented are for copying "theirs" over "mine" - the other buttons are greyed out.

I'd really appreciate an answer on this as it's causing no END of trouble as all the PC users have Tortoise which works perfectly.

Thanks,
FJ
Flashjunky

Postby sorin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Hello,

I added an enhancement request for adding actions to keep both the "mine" and "theirs" variant of the conflict. For the replacement actions you resolve first the conflicts in which you replace the local variant with the variant from the repository revision. You resolve the conflicts in which you want to keep the local variant with the action Mark As Merged executed on the file. This action marks all the current changes as outgoing changes so the next Commit action places the local version of the file as the latest on the repository.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems