Syncro SVN Client

Applying a patch

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Applying a patch

Postby clemahieu » Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am

Hopefully this is a simple question but I didn't see the answer in Google, the forum, or the documentation.

I have a repository and a .patch file with changes submitted from someone else for that repository. In TortoiseSVN there's an "Apply Patch" option, how do I perform the equivalent with Syncro SVN?
clemahieu

Re: Applying a patch

Postby sorin » Mon May 19, 2008 11:48 am

Hello,

A SVN patch can be created with Syncro SVN Client but cannot be applied yet. We plan to implement it in a future version.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby asabi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:20 am

It has been almost 2 years now since the last post on this topic.

I cannot find a way to do.

Am I missing it ? or is it still in development ?

Sorry for being a pain, I just need to apply a patch ... :-)

Thank you
asabi

Postby Florin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Hello,

For now Syncro SVN Client still doesn't have an option to apply a patch. We have this feature in our sight, but the amount of effort needed to implement it's quite considerable and it is not one of our top priorities for now.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
---------------
Syncro SVN Client
Florin

Postby Yellow Swordfish » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:25 am

It is over a year since the last statement so is there any progress towards this most basic and commonly required svn feature?
Yellow Swordfish

Postby Florin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:34 am

Hello,

As mentioned before, applying a patch is not one of our top priorities and, based on the Subversion road map, we decided to wait for this feature to be implemented in Subversion directly.

Subversion 1.7 will add support for applying a patch and it should be released this year, so we decided to wait for it to be available in SVN 1.7 instead of implementing it and dealing with all sort of situations. In this way, everything will be done in the same way regarding patches.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby Yellow Swordfish » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Well I didn't know it wasn't built in to core svn as standard. I am surprised. In that case I forgive you :)
Yellow Swordfish

Postby Florin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,

You can see the road map for Subversion and what is scheduled for 1.7.0 here:
http://subversion.apache.org/roadmap.html

We are using SVNKit library for Subversion related operations, so as soon as they implement Subversion 1.7.0 features we will make them available also in our product.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby kevinfolz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 pm

I can't seem to find any documentation on this.... Are we getting patch support soon?
kevinfolz

Postby Florin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, the developers of SVNKit library did not implement support for svn patch. So, we take into account the possibility to use a third-party tool or to switch to native SVN implementation, but I cannot tell exactly when this will happen.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Common Problems