Syncro SVN Client

Comparing .module files

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Comparing .module files

Postby cfischer83 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello, I'm currently using Drupal in my repo and Drupal has a number of files such that have extensions such as .module ... they are just PHP files, but Drupal requires this extension. My problem is that I can't get Syncro to see these files to compare with previous versions. I can commit them fine, I can revert them fine, but I can't compare two versions if it has a .module extension.

My company has a standard of this version: Syncro SVN Client 5.0, build 2009083115

I have not tried upgrading because it's our companies version. If newer versions fix this, then I'll speak to them about upgrading, but if it's a matter of a slight configuration change that I can make then I'd prefer to go that route.
cfischer83

Re: Comparing .module files

Postby Florin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

Hello,

Is there any error message presented or something else when you try to compare revisions of such a file? Could you send us a .module sample file so we can test and see what happens? If you can, send it to our support e-mail address:

support@syncrosvnclient.com

I tried to reproduce this by changing the extension of a simple .php file to .module, but everything works fine with the same version of Syncro SVN Client you mentioned. The file is compared against its BASE revision as text (no syntax highlight), but works.

Tell us if there is an error or something else presented and send us a sample file if you can to analyze further. Also, specify on what platform do you have this problem (Windows, Mac, Linux).

As a last thing, is there a specific content encoding for such files? You can change the encoding option from Options -> Preferences -> Encoding.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby cfischer83 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Sorry, let me clarify. When I run a compare against a revision, it doesn't work. When I compare "latest from head" it works, but without formatting (which is fine), but not when I right-click on a file and click "show history" or "compare with -> revision". I don't get any error message, it just has two blank screens. This happens when I create even just a test file that has this:

Code: Select all
<?php
echo 'this is a test';
?>

If I commit a couple changes to the above code as a "test.module" file and compare my working copy to a revision, or one revision to another, it doesn't work - nothing happens. For any other file it does work (.php, .inc, .txt).

I also tried changing the encoding to no avail.
cfischer83

Postby Florin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:00 am

Hello,

Compare with -> Revision does not open any dialog or the Compare Editor. It just displays history of the selected file, in order to allow you to select revision of interest and after you have to right click and select Compare with working copy. Pay attention to see if History view is brought in front of all views with which it is stacked.

For the rest, it seems strange. I've tested everything you wrote on my Windows machine and everything is OK.

We will update one of our Mac OS X systems to 10.6.8 and will see if there is something related with this OS, but it shouldn't.

Anyway, I noticed you run an out-dated version of Syncro SVN Client 5.0. Your license should be able to run with the latest 5.x version, which is 5.1 build 2010051114.
You can download it from our Software Archive section on our website, at:
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com/software_archive.html

Give it a try and see if this helps. Also, try to reset your options, maybe there is something corrupted in them and may prevent the application to work properly (although I doubt this if for other file types it works).

As a last thing, you could get a trial version of Syncro SVN Client 6 and see if the issue still persists.

I will test your version of Syncro SVN Client on our Mac system after our system administrator updates it to the latest version to see if there are any issues.

I will reply after we make tests on the new Mac OS X version.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby Florin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,

I tested the compare possibilities of Syncro SVN Client on latest Mac OS X version and I cannot reproduce the issue you reported.

I created a file with the content you attached here, committed it, made some changes to it and committed again (made this step for a few times) and after tried to compare:
- my working copy version with HEAD, BASE, other revision
- from History view with working copy version, with previous versions and with another version from history

Everything worked fine, there was no problem.

I don't know what to tell further. Maybe you can try to create a tiny movie (a screen capture) while you reproduce this issue on your Mac and send it to our support e-mail. But, if the file is larger than a few MBs, it will not manage to be delivered, so you could try to upload it on a free website and give us the link to see it.

Also, you could write us an e-mail in order to send you back an e-mail in which we will attach a file which will enable logging in Syncro SVN Client. This way, you could reproduce the issue and send us the log file, we might find something interesting in it.

You did not tell us if you tried with the latest 5.x version or with a version 6 trial to see if the issue still happens.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby cfischer83 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks for the responses. Upgrading to the newest 5.x release has fixed the issue. I will speak with my company about upgrading to this newer version for support.

Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:
cfischer83

Postby Florin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 am

Hi,

I'm glad I could help you. If there will be any other future issue you may encounter, just let us know.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Common Problems