Syncro SVN Client

Deleted folders still appear

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Deleted folders still appear

Postby MontMac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi,

If I first add a new folder to SVN (no commit), and second, I delete this folder, syncrosvn continues to display this folder even though it is gone, and there are no option to delete it either. Refresh, cleanup, update, revert etc. won't make it disappear either. Any idea why that is?
MontMac

Re: Deleted folders still appear

Postby sorin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Hello,

What are the steps for reproducing the problem? Are the steps: create a new folder without committing (the folder is displayed in the Working Copy view), remove the folder from disk, execute the Refresh action on the Working Copy view but the folder is not removed from the Working Copy view? If yes please make sure that the folder is removed from disk and specify if you run Syncro SVN Client on Windows Vista and the full path of the folder that was not removed. If not please post the steps for reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby MontMac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:27 pm

I run on Mac osx 10.4.11, and yes, the folder is deleted from disk.

Full path: /Users/joe/dev/plugins/com.mycompany.svc.db

When asking for "File Information", I get the message: "No information available". Note also that there is an exclamation mark icon on that project, and the local file status when mouse over is "missing". As I said, this folder has never been committed to the svn repository.

Not sure about the steps. This is not the first time this happens.
I will try to identify the steps later and add a reply to this post.
MontMac

Postby sorin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:36 pm

A missing status means that the folder is already committed to repository and it was deleted from disk with other application, for example directly with Finder. After refreshing the Working Copy view a committed file that was deleted with an external application is displayed as missing in the Working Copy view of Syncro SVN Client application.

If you want to remove it also from the repository run the Synchronize action and commit the folder in the Synchronize view. If you want to keep it run the Override and Update action.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby MontMac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, I must insist: this project is not in the repository.

Note that I work with 2 svn clients at once: syncrosvn and subclipse. I don't remember how I deleted this project but I know it was added (svn-add, but not committed) through eclipse's subclipse.

Eclipse/subclipse, and the file system do not see it anymore while syncrosvn still thinks it is missing.

I did the synchronize action and the commit for that folder stays disabled (grayed). Anyway, it sure is not in the repository.
MontMac

Postby sorin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:09 pm

MontMac wrote:I know it was added (svn-add, but not committed) through eclipse's subclipse.

svn add does not add it to the repository but schedules it for addition in the working copy. It was removed from other application together with the administrative subdirectory called .svn so the Working Copy view displays missing status. You should remove the folder from a SVN client application. What you should do now is create a new folder again with the same name in a SVN client application with a New Folder action in the Working Copy view. In Syncro SVN Client use the action New -> New Folder from the right click menu of the Working Copy view. This will add again the folder with the new icon (Image). After that remove it from the Working Copy view with the action Edit -> Delete from the right click menu or by selecting the folder in the Working Copy view and pressing the Delete key.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby MontMac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Thanks, that workaround worked. (I know that you won't agree with the word 'workaround' ;)

Next time this happens, I will keep note of how I deleted the folder, whether in eclipse/subclise, or file system. But whatever I used, subclipse has no problems with that, but svnsyncro did.

This was not a big problem at all. Just an annoyance that I saw in the working copy tree view that I wanted to express.

--
Claude
MontMac

Return to Common Problems