Syncro SVN Client

Can't reuse work area after upgrading to Oxygen 9.3

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Can't reuse work area after upgrading to Oxygen 9.3

Postby Colin_Sutton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:09 am

I have just installed the SVN Client 3.2, build 2008081313 with Oxygen 9.3: I was previously using the SVN Client 2.5, build 2007112709 from the Oxygen 9.0 update.
My work areas do not appear in the interface.
When I try to add them to the working copies list, I get the message "Directory not under control'.
If I try to check out to the same working directory, I get the message:
"Operation failed: svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'C:\SVN\Trials\FAVOURED'; please get a newer Subversion client"

Colin
Colin_Sutton

Re: Can't reuse work area after upgrading to Oxygen 9.3

Postby sorin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:52 am

Hello,

Colin_Sutton wrote:My work areas do not appear in the interface.

Do you mean the list of working copies was not preserved in the combo box on the toolbar of the Working Copy view? Do you start the SVN Client in the same way as in Oxygen version 9.0, that is either from the Tools menu in the Oxygen application or as independent application from an independent icon/shortcut? There are separate sets of preferences saved on disk for the two ways of starting the SVN client tool installed together with Oxygen.

Colin_Sutton wrote:When I try to add them to the working copies list, I get the message "Directory not under control'.

If that directory is from a SVN working copy, that is it was created by checking out a working copy from a SVN repository then the error message "Directory not under version control" means that the working copy was created in the new format (SVN 1.5) by a SVN client that supports this format. SVN Client versions 2.x and 3.x support only the SVN 1.3 and SVN 1.4 formats. Support for SVN 1.5 was added in Syncro SVN Client 4.0 which is available as a standalone tool and which will be included in the next version of Oxygen.

Colin_Sutton wrote:If I try to check out to the same working directory, I get the message:
"Operation failed: svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'C:\SVN\Trials\FAVOURED'; please get a newer Subversion client"

Do you get this error when you try to check out from a SVN repository? This error should be reported when a working copy is accessed with the SVN Client, not when a working copy is created by checking out from a SVN repository. What SVN formats does the SVN server support (SVN 1.4, SVN 1.5)? What is the name and version of the SVN server?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Re: Can't reuse work area after upgrading to Oxygen 9.3

Postby Colin_Sutton » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:34 am

I was starting the SVN client as an independent application both times. My server is version 1.4.6.
After checking out the files with SynchroSVN, I had been evaluating Tortoise SVN - for that I mistakenly used the v 1.5 client.
So now I understand what happened, you can consider this issue closed. Thanks for the explanation.
Colin
Colin_Sutton

Return to Common Problems