Syncro SVN Client

Files deleted after commit

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Re: Files deleted after commit

Postby WanWizard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Ok, will do, and I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.
WanWizard

Postby WanWizard » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello,

Finally got around to testing it. I used Syncro SVN Client 4.1, build 2008120411.

This client DOES NOT solve the problem. Files are still truncated after the commit, if they have the svn:keywords property.
WanWizard

Postby tavy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

We will contact the SVNKit team to report this issue. When we will have an answer from them we will update this post.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby WanWizard » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 pm

tavy wrote:We will contact the SVNKit team to report this issue. When we will have an answer from them we will update this post.

Any news? It's been two months since your post, and I really would like to start using the license I have paid for...
WanWizard

Postby tavy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 am

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. We don't have any answer from the svnkit team regarding this issue. We contacted them again today to ask if there are any new information about this or if any other user encountered the same problem.
When we will have an answer from them we will let you know.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby tavy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 am

Hello,

We contacted the SVNKit team and they will make another build of the svnkit.jar containing more loggers so we can discover the problem.
It will be great if we can reproduce that issue. Can we connect to the same VPN and debug SVNKit on files at the shared FS? If it cannot be done and logger won't help us probably we'll have to reproduce the bug, so we'll need all the information on VPN and Samba configuration.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby WanWizard » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Giving you access to our internal development environment is going to be a bit difficult I'm afraid. But I'm willing to try whatever you want me to.

I just tried to reproduce the problem with a WC installed on my local disk, and that works ok. So it might be Samba related.

Client: Fedora 10, Linux 2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 01:33:24 EST 2009

Server: Clarkconnect CentOS, Linux 2.6.9-42.ccsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 21:15:46 EDT 2006

Samba: Version 3.0.25b-1.1.cc

I'll try to find the time to use an NFS mount instead of a Samba mount, to see if it is really Samba related.
WanWizard

Postby tavy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:21 am

Hello,

Because the working copy you use is on other computer and is accessed through samba there is some sort of delay between file creation on NFS and getting write permissions for modifying its content.
The committed file contains keywords that must be resolved after the commit operation. The svnkit does this by making a safe copy of the file before trying to resolve the keywords. An exception occurs when it's trying to write the content of the backup file and because of this the committed file becomes zero sized.
The problem was fixed in the latest svnkit by adding an option that lets you to enable or disable the safe copy. This option is controlled through a system property "svnkit.no.safe.copy". By default this property is false so a backup file is created.
This option will become available in the next release of Syncro SVN Client.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
tavy

Postby WanWizard » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:21 pm

I can confirm that this solves the problem. Thanx for all your effort and the excellent support!
WanWizard

Postby WanWizard » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Hello,

Just want to let you know that we've finally figured out what the root cause of this issue was.

This particular samba share that had this behaviour had this in the smb.conf:
Code: Select all
map archive = no
map hidden = yes

This came to light when we had to upgrade another application, which started to have similar issues after that. Apparently these two lines (which effectively don't do more then set some X bits on the files) interfere with the way svnkit handles files.

I thought this might benefit others with similar problems that stumble upon this thread while Googling... :)
WanWizard

Previous

Return to Other Issues