Syncro SVN Client

Way to Show History Filtered by Path?

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Way to Show History Filtered by Path?

Postby RobertGordon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I am using Syncro SVN Client 8.1.

In the Working copy view, I can right click on a particular folder, then select 'Show History'. Since I had opened the history after selecting a specific folder, I always assumed that I was seeing the history just for that folder and anything underneath that folder. Closer inspection of the History that is shown has revealed to me that I was wrong. Instead of seeing a History filtered by the selected folder, instead it appears that I get the history for the entire repository.

Does the folder I right-click on to open the History have an effect on the History view that it opens?

Is there a way to filter a History view to only show changes to a sub-portion of my project?
RobertGordon

Re: Way to Show History Filtered by Path?

Postby Florin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 am

Hello,

If you request history for a specific folder, then only information about that folder (and anything below/inside it) is requested from the repository.
Please check again that items presented at the bottom of the History view (the file list for each revision) are located inside the directory you selected (its location in the repository), by looking at the Path column.
Also, make sure the directory you select is not deleted from the repository, I think this could be the last and only possibility for Syncro SVN Client to display history of the whole repository.

If the issue still happens, you can contact us on our support e-mail, by sending a screenshot of the whole History view (so we can see the path of the folder and the path of the items in a revision) and the messages presented in the Console view after requesting history on the folder.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Other Issues