Syncro SVN Client

recursively ignore pattern

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

recursively ignore pattern

Postby bedros » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:53 am

I have a project with full of python files under a tree of folders, when I compile the project, I get bunch of *.pyc files which I would like to "svn ignore"

can I select a folder and click on ignore recursively, then select a pattern "*.pyc" and syncro client will issue "svn ignore" for all files that match *.pyc for that folder and sub folders.

if there's already a method to achieve that, please inform me how to do it.

Thanks,

-Bedros
bedros

Re: recursively ignore pattern

Postby sorin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello,

Yes, there is a method for that. Click on the folder containing the *.pyc files in the Working Copy view and set the property svn:ignore recursively on that folder by selecting the checkbox Set property recursively in the Add property dialog opened from the SVN Properties view.

If the SVN Property view is not displayed in your layout of the Syncro SVN Client window you can display it with the action Show SVN Properties (the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P) available on the menu Working Copy and on the contextual menu of the Working Copy view.

Make sure the folder with the *.pyc files is the selected folder in the Working Copy view when you set svn:ignore recursively so that the property is set to that folder.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Feature requests