Syncro SVN Client

Out of date error

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Out of date error

Postby rainojosa@gmail.com » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 am

Hi,

I am having aproblem with my SVN. Everytime I commit files in one of my repositories, an out of date error is encountered. Anyone who can help me resolve the issue?

Thanks and regards.
rainojosa@gmail.com

Re: Out of date error

Postby Costin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for reporting that.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the error you receive on our support email? You can send it to support AT oxygenxml DOT com.
This is in order to form a better idea of the error you get.

Regards,
Costin
Costin

Postby Florin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 am

Hello,

An "out of date" error can be usual with SVN, if you try to commit local changes without updating your working copy first (or, at least, the parent directory containing your local modified items), to fetch any remote changes.

Adding or deleting items in/from a directory are considered changes at the directory structure level, so you have to update the directory also, not only the added/deleted items inside it.

Do a full update of your working copy or of the directory containing all your modified items and try to commit after. If it still does not help and the error persists, follow the directions of my colleague Costin.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby rainojosa@gmail.com » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 am

Hi,

I will try implementing it if this will resolve the issue.

I'll let you know once I'm done with the suggested procedure.

Thanks.
rainojosa@gmail.com

Return to Common Problems