Syncro SVN Client

right clicking items on pinned (autohiding) panels

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

right clicking items on pinned (autohiding) panels

Postby Rªzª » Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 pm

right click on an item and poof the panel hides, but at least the context menu still appears :wink:
Rªzª

Re: right clicking items on pinned (autohiding) panels

Postby sorin » Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 am

Hello,

Do you mean that you try to select an item in a view with the mouse and the view hides? Please specify more details: the name of the view, what is the view content, what you try to select, the platform where you run Syncro SVN Client (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.5, etc). Can you send two screenshots with the SVN Client window before you try to click in the view (the view is displayed) and after that (the view is hidden)?

Thank you,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Rªzª » Thu May 21, 2009 3:45 pm

sorin wrote:Hello,

Do you mean that you try to select an item in a view with the mouse and the view hides? Please specify more details: the name of the view, what is the view content, what you try to select, the platform where you run Syncro SVN Client (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.5, etc). Can you send two screenshots with the SVN Client window before you try to click in the view (the view is displayed) and after that (the view is hidden)?

Thank you,
Sorin

I'm running Syncro SVN Client 4.2, build 2009051411
on Fedora 10 (Linux)

What I mean is for example if I have the properties panel set to auto hide, and I right click on an item in that panel, the panel will go away (hide). The context menu still appears, but the panel is gone...

Before Pic:

After Pic:
Rªzª

Postby sorin » Fri May 22, 2009 11:27 am

Hello,

Any view set to auto hide stays in the window of the application only when the focus is in the view. First you move the mouse pointer to the edge of the window to make the auto hidable view visible. The view is now visible and the focus is in the view. If you trigger a context menu or you move the mouse to other area of the window the view is automatically hidden again. This is how an auto hidable view works: you make it visible for a short time to look at something in the view and when you move out it hides automatically.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Rªzª » Fri May 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Sooo you are saying that this is by design??? If I am currently working on a panel and I right click on something to get to a context menu, the panel should not go away. That's just basic gui design 101...

As long as I am working on a panel or even any child object derived from that panel the panel should stay visible. It going away is just bizare. Thats like saying it's ok for a main menu to go away because you clicked on a submenu item that brings up a secondary menu.
Rªzª

Postby sorin » Fri May 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello,

I am sorry, yes, you are right about the context menu. It should not make the view that triggered it hide. It should hide only an auto hidable view that did not trigger the context menu. I see in your second screenshot that the Properties view is not visible anymore when the context menu triggered by the Properties view is visible.

I tried on Windows XP and Mac OS X but an auto hidable view that triggers a context menu stays visible while the context menu is visible. It could be a problem of some Linux window managers. We will try to find a fix.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Rªzª » Fri May 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Cool thanks. I figured it was probably a linux thing... I'm running on a Gnome desktop (if that matters)
Rªzª

Return to Common Problems