Syncro SVN Client

File Search?

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.

File Search?

Postby Rªzª » Tue May 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Is there a way to search for files? That would also be handy :D

Sorry if I'm being a bother. I like what I've seen so far and am going to buy a license, so I'm just trying to get a handle of what is in and what is not.

Thanks
Rªzª

Re: File Search?

Postby sorin » Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 am

Hello,

No, Syncro SVN Client does not have a search for files feature. Usually the operating system has a search for files feature that you can use.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby Rªzª » Wed May 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Searching for files in a repository(s) is not necessarily the same thing as simply doing a file search in an operating system. This is something that I had used in perforce quite a bit in the past. Just a suggestion to help make your product more robust.

Also note that not all operating systems work the same and not all have easy to use or intuitive file searches either. A search function in your app would allow a universal way to look for files on any operating system it is run on...

The biggest reason to have a search at all ties back to my other suggestion that could open the working copy tree to said found file or folder. Just makes finding things in the tree an easier process...

Thanks
Rªzª

Postby sorin » Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Rªzª wrote:Searching for files in a repository(s) is not necessarily the same thing as simply doing a file search in an operating system. This is something that I had used in perforce quite a bit in the past. Just a suggestion to help make your product more robust.

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it for a future version.

Thank you,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Feature requests