Syncro SVN Client

logging - stop on copy?

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

logging - stop on copy?

Postby dave_mwi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Hello,

I've been searching but don't see anything about this. Is there a way when viewing history of a repository URL to "--stop-on-copy" ? I can't seem to find anything.

None of the filtering options I see really achieve what I want...which is a clear picture of the changes at the URL only from the copy point.

Thanks.
dave_mwi

Re: logging - stop on copy?

Postby Florin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
At this moment, we don't have support for this log option. I have added an issue regarding this problem on our internal issues tracker.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need additional information.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
---------------
Syncro SVN Client
http://www.syncrosvnclient.com
Florin

Postby dave_mwi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:36 pm

I'd like to bump this one again...after two years I really don't see why you haven't been able to add a check box in the options somewhere, and then add in:

"--stop-on-copy" into your svn log command optionally based on that checkbox.

Not having this feature turns into a real headache when you've been active with branching/copying. I now have a "history" that spans un-related multiple branches and copies. If I happen to try and "compare" across those copies I get an error. I constantly have to visually scan log entries to find where development was actually started on the copy I'm interested in. It's mentally tiring and makes an otherwise pretty good svn client/manager turn into a laborious exercise....

It's disappointing to see no progress has been made on this very simple feature.
dave_mwi

Postby Florin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi,

History related problems are scheduled for Syncro SVN Client 7.1, so this issue will be resolved depending on the available development time for this version. We also take into consideration that Subversion 1.7 is about to be released, so there will be a lot of work to support it.

All your reported issues and comments are registered on our internal issue tracking tool and we have them in sight for version 7.1. Everything depends on how we plan Syncro SVN Client development and on the amount of time allocated for each version (obviously, there are priority issues and issues which can suffer a delay until they will be fixed).

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
---------------------
Synro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Common Problems