Syncro SVN Client

Encodingproblem

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Encodingproblem

Postby aff » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:21 am

Hi

I try to checkout a folder with special chars like "ä, ö, ü". After the checkout, the synchronize result shows my folder twice.

The status of the first version is: "The local file status is missing" (but the files are here).
The status of the second version is: "unversioned"

Any users have any ideas? I changed the encoding to UFT-8... No change..
aff

Re: Encodingproblem

Postby sorin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 am

Hello,

Do you use Syncro SVN Client on Mac OS X? This problem can occur on Mac OS X when some Unicode characters are used in folder names because the Mac OS X filesystem where the working copy was checked out uses a different encoding for such characters that the SVN server that hosts the SVN repository. There is no required enoding for SVN servers and some SVN servers choose an encoding that is slightly different than the Mac OS X filesystem. Because the folder name is stored in a different way in the working copy now there are two versions of the folder name: the one in the repository (the "missing" version) and the one in the working copy (the "unversioned" version).

We did not implement a workaround yet in Syncro SVN Client. Until we come up with a workaround you can rename the folder in the SVN repository and exclude the characters ä, ö, ü from folder names.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems