Syncro SVN Client

Ignoring directories

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Ignoring directories

Postby paperdrip » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 am

Hello,

I have the source code organized in the following manners and I want to exclude checking in the "build" and "dist" folder which are generated during compilation and packaging. I have tried to add "build" and "dist" in the Global Ignore but it doesn't seems to work. Much appreciated for your hints.

trunk
|-Corvus.Main
|- ant
|- build
|- dist
|- lib
|- spa
|- src
|-Corvus.Ebms
|- ant
|- build
|- dist
|- lib
|- spa
|- src

Regards,
ronnie
paperdrip

Re: Ignoring directories

Postby Florin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 am

Hello,

From what I understand, you want to checkout a project from the repository but without taking all the child folders. Using the global ignore will not help you because the ignore properties are applied only for unversioned resources, but from repository are coming only versioned resources.

What you have to do is to checkout the project using the Immediate children (immediates) option. This will checkout only the child files of the root of the project and the child directories but will not check out any other file/folder inside those directories. So, after this you will have a working copy containing only the child files of the root and the child folders being empty. Now you should update the folders that you wish to checkout completely (all excluding 'build' and 'dist') using the contextual menu option Update to revision/depth. Select the desired revision (HEAD I guess) and set depth to Recursive (infinity) to update those folders and bring all the children of them. This will leave the two folders empty in your working copy and they should not bother you anymore.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
Florin

Return to Other Issues