Syncro SVN Client

Can't save two authentications?

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Can't save two authentications?

Postby kevinfolz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi,

I am using Syncro SVN 6 on Windows 7 64Bit.

I have two repositories in my list:
https://websvn.xxx.ca/user1
https://websvn.xxx.ca/user2

where user1 and user2 are separate folders on the SVN server, corresponding to the user names.

It works perfectly fine if I authenticate (and save) my login for user1, but if I try to browse user2's repo, it tries to login using user1's authentication instead of asking for a new userid/password. If I reset authentication, I can login to user2's repo no problem, so its not the server.

Is this a limitation in syncro svn? Due to both repos having the same base URL?
kevinfolz

Re: Can't save two authentications?

Postby Florin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 am

Hello,

Syncro SVN Client stores authentication at repository level, so once a user authenticated in a repository, the same authentication information will be used further. Accessing a repository child path with different credentials than the ones used for the parent path is not supported.

We have a set of improvements to be made on the repository authentication side, so I will add your message to them and we will see what can be done. Most probably, this will be done for one of the Syncro SVN Client 7.x versions.

Best regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Re: Can't save two authentications?

Postby kevinfolz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response.
-Kevin
kevinfolz

Return to Other Issues