Syncro SVN Client

Browsing Erro

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Browsing Erro

Postby MaxYaffe » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Just demoing Syncro SVN.
Tried to connect to a company repository using Repository| New Repository Location.
Repository was entered as: svn://Server/Directory
This shows up on repository list.
I put in my repository username & password which works correctly using TortoiseSVN.

When I try to browse the repository I get: Browsing error: svn: Authorization failed. No other details. No mention in help about this message.

If it is an SVN repository password issue, I haven't found a place to edit the password.

What's going on?
MaxYaffe

Re: Browsing Erro

Postby Florin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 am

Hello,

Repository access operations are handled by the SVNKit library, which we use for SVN related operations, in the backstage. In order to find the problem, it would be better if you contact us on our support e-mail at support@syncrosvnclient.com to continue the discussion about this issue.

Just to make sure this is not a typo problem, make sure you correctly typed your username and password. Regarding the editing of the password, Syncro SVN Client does not have such a feature. There are two situations:
  1. if you did not chose to save your authentication information (and even so, this should have not happened because the authentication was not successful) then every time you try to browse the repository it should ask you about authentication again;
  2. if trying to browse again the repository does not ask you about username and password, you can use Options -> Reset Authentication (which will erase any authentication information that Syncro SVN Client knows about) and after restart the application to be sure authentication information is erased from memory also.
For further assistance, contact us at support@syncrosvnclient.com .

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Common Problems