Syncro SVN Client

reverted file not on commit list

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

reverted file not on commit list

Postby MAatHome » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:10 pm

I 'reverted' changes from a given revision, making the working copy different from the repository HEAD copy, but the file is not marked as modified and the file does not appear in the outgoing changes. I also tried Update to revision with similar results. I seem to recall this working in the past.

Mac OS/X 10.7.4, Syncro SVN Client 8.0, build 2012072511

What am I missing?

thanks,
Mike.
MAatHome

Re: reverted file not on commit list

Postby Florin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am

Hi,

Tell us what you did in order to "revert" changes from a given revision (what action/steps did you do). This way, I can tell what should have happen and check if this is an issue or not.

If you use Update to revision/depth from Working Copy view, then the file will not be seen as having changes (being modified), since the BASE/pristine version is also set to the selected revision, so there is no difference between what is in the working copy and the new BASE/pristine revision (as if you would go back in time, not bringing old stuff in the present). It will only report that there are new changes in the repository (what is in HEAD revision).
Same applies if using Update to revision from History view.

If you need to get the content of a file from an older version and commit it, see History of that file and use Get contents or Save as on the revision of interest. This way, the current file content will be replaced with the old file content and so it will be seen as having modifications against the BASE/pristine version (which is the same as previously, it will not be changed by these operations).

If you want to remove only some changes done in a specific revision, see History of the working copy file and use Revert changes from this revision. This should do a reverse-merge using the selected revision, and the file should be presented as modified.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby MAatHome » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for your reply.

From History view, I tried both 'Revert from' and 'Update to', in both cases a 'compare with latest from head' shows differences (as I expected, the head revision number hasn't changed), but no way to commit it.

I can certainly use Get Contents (rather than making a trivial change to the source), but it seemed like the other two approaches should work.

thanks,
Mike.
MAatHome

Postby Florin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,

I've just tested all related actions from History view:
  • select a file from Working Copy and show history for it;
  • in the History view:
    • Get contents - correctly replaces working copy file content with the content from the selected revision; reported as modified in Working Copy (the are differences between WORKING revision and the BASE revision).

• Save as - save over the working copy file; reported as modified in Working Copy - same situation;

• Revert changes from this revision - it seems this has an issue. If the selected revision is the last one in a group (when revisions are grouped by Date), the action does not work. If this is your case, as a workaround until we fix this, un-group revisions. The action should behave exactly like if you would run:

Code: Select all
      svn merge -r SELECTED_REVISION:SELECTED_REVISION-1 FILE_REPO_URL WC_FILE_PATH

• Update to revision - correctly updates the working copy file to the selected revision (this implies updating WORKING <the current file> and BASE <the pristine version> revisions). The file is not reported as modified since it has same content as BASE revision. Everything is OK (I explained this situation in my previous post), so if using this option, the file does not have how to be committed since it has no changes than the pristine version.

Make sure the revision you select is not the last one in a group (the issue I've just found) and, if so, deactivate the grouping option from the History view until you solve your situation.
Let us know if this was the issue which made the action to not work.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby Florin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am

Hi,

A new build of Syncro SVN Client 8.0 is available - 2012102412. It contains the fix of the issue you reported.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Postby cgabhishek » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi all.

i am committing my Changes but on SVN commit it doesn't work it show an error message that there is no changes in files to commit.............
please give the answer as soon as possible.
thank You
cgabhishek

Postby Florin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi,

Please contact us on our support e-mail (support@syncrosvnclient.com) and provide the following information:
- what version of Syncro SVN Client do you use (Help -> About); include the build number also;
- more details about what are you trying to do: what is the working copy state of the file you try to commit (do a Refresh first), even a screenshot with the working copy and the error dialog box.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin

Return to Common Problems