Syncro SVN Client

Trouble creating Working Copy on Mac

Other Syncro SVN Client issues not covered by the other forums.

Trouble creating Working Copy on Mac

Postby fshrking » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi-
I recently installed SVN client on my Mac Intel laptop. It has linked up with the Repository- no problems. But when trying to Add a Working Copy directory, it gives me an error-
"Directory not under version control".

Does anyone know why this is. Do I need to be root to create a working directory?

Thanks!
Forrest
fshrking

Postby sorin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Hello,

You must add a directory in the Working Copy view with the action Add a Working Copy only if that directory is the root directory of a SVN working copy, that is that directory and all the subdirectories contain the SVN administrative data specific for a SVN working copy, usually in a subdirectory called .svn for each subdirectory of the working copy. Such a root directory of a SVN working copy is created with the action Check Out applied in a SVN client application like Syncro SVN Client to a SVN repository listed in the SVN Repository view. Just press the Check Out button from the toolbar of the Repository view or right click on Windows / Ctrl + click on Mac OS X on the SVN repository from which you want to create a working copy and select the action Check Out from the popup menu.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Postby fshrking » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:02 pm

Thanks Sorin-
I didn't "Export" the Repository to my local drive. I had to that first.

-F
fshrking

Re: Trouble creating Working Copy on Mac

Postby jossi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:02 am

Also on Mac OS X.

- Added an SVN repository
- Checked out the repository into a local folder
- When I try to add a working copy using the local folder that was checked out, I get the same error: "Directory not under version control".

===

It is working now, please dismiss
jossi

Return to Other Issues