Syncro SVN Client

Operation failed: svn: ' ' already under version control

Having trouble installing Syncro SVN Client? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Operation failed: svn: ' ' already under version control

Postby supdun » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 am

Hi all,

I know this may be a simplistic answer, but it seems to come up a lot on my end. I created a new folder and started my development in it. I then tried adding my folders and sub directories to svn; I get 'path to folder' already under version control. How do I resolve this? It is pertaining to the a folder that is in my package structure. It is obviously the same name as another folder within a package structure within another project I use under the same repository.

thanks in advance,

Anthony
supdun

Re: Operation failed: svn: ' ' already under version control

Postby sorin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 am

Hello,

What action do you try to use for adding your folders to the repository when you get the error that the path is already under version control? Did you check if the folders that you add are already present in the SVN repository? If they are already present why don't you try just to commit a new version of the folder or the files contained in that folder with the Commit action of Syncro SVN Client used on a working copy of the SVN repository? First you should apply the Synchronize action in the Working Copy view and after that the Commit action on the result of the Synchronize action displayed in the Synchronize view.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin

Return to Common Problems