The Editor preferences panel is opened from menu .
Use these options to configure the visual aspect of the text editor.
The Editor Preferences Panel
The following options are available in this panel:
- Selection background color -
Background color of selected text.
- Selection foreground color -
Text color of selected text.
- Editor background color - Background color
of the editor and also of the Diff Files' editors.
- Editor caret color - Customize the caret
- Line number foreground - Foreground color
for the line numbers displayed at the right of editor panel.
- Show line numbers in editor - Enables the
line numbers column located in the left part of the editing space. When unchecked, line
numbers option is disabled.
- Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF marks - Marks the
TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF using small icons, for a better visualization of the document. Also set the
- Show SPACE marks - Marks the SPACE
characters with a dot.
- Indent with tabs - When checked set the
indent to a tab unit. When unchecked, the indent measures as many spaces as needed to go to
the next tab stop position. The maximum number of space characters is defined by the
Tab size option.
- Tab size - Sets the number of spaces or
the tab size that equals a single indent. The Indent can be spaces or a tab, select
the preference using the Indent With Tabs option. If set to 4, one
tab will equal 4 white spaces or 1 tab with size of 4 characters depending on which option
was set in the Indent With Tabs option.