The files are opened in two side-by-side editors. The text view is used, offering a better
view of the differences.
The two editors are kept in sync, so if you scroll the text in one of them, the other one
also scrolls to show the difference side-by-side. The differences are indicated using
highlights connected through colored areas. To navigate between differences, do one of the
- press the Go to modification buttons;
- select a change by clicking it in the overview ruler located in the right-most part of
the window. The overview ruler contains a success indicator in its upper part. It turns
green in case there are no differences or red if some differences are found.
- click a colored area between the text editors.
You can edit either the source or the target file. The differences are refreshed when you
save the modified document.
Both editors provide a contextual menu that contains edit, merge
and navigation actions.
dialog is displayed by pressing
options are also available:
- F3 used for performing another search using the last search
- Shift+F3 for performing another search in backward direction
using the last search configuration.
If the compared blocks of text are too large
and you want to see the differences at a finer level, you can use the comparison at
Word or Character level.